We are pleased to announce that the winners of our February 2023 Employer of the Month are SWG Group. Following a nomination by our Business Engagement Advisor Karen Harris-Vernon, SWG Group were chosen by the panel as February’s winners for their commitment to staff training and development.
A FEW WORDS FROM KAREN HARRIS-VERNON, BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT ADVISOR, ON SWG GROUP’S EMPLOYER OF THE MONTH NOMINATION:
In my time working with SWG, they have consistently demonstrated commitment to upskilling their team across all areas of their business whilst also being proactive in sharing their skills and knowledge within the wider business and education communities.
I look forward to continuing to work with SWG, building our already positive and productive relationship into the future.
A FEW WORDS FROM SWG GROUP ON THEIR EMPLOYER EXPERIENCE:
“SWG has a long-standing commitment to the training and development of our existing and new employees and subcontractors and have worked with NPTC to support this training for nearly 16 years.
We recognise and understand the needs of the local area and the requirement to support and educate youngsters on the opportunities available to them within the locality to become the workforce of the future.
By working closely with NPTC we are able to:
• signpost potential students from various schools to the right courses and contacts within the colleges,
• support the development of existing employees and subcontractors through a variety of relevant courses, including courses like 18th Edition, Inspection and Testing courses, non domestic energy assessor courses and fire door courses.
These courses allow our team members to support the needs of the business and stay relevant in their industry as regulations are updated.
• provide apprenticeship opportunities,
• have points of contact to support us in supporting our learners,
• Have access to well organised and efficient training programmes that work hand in hand with our apprentice’s day to day work tasks. A clear example alongside our trade apprentices is Chloe, who has successfully completed Level 2 AAT apprenticeship with us and NPTC and has smoothly transitioned to the Level 3 course and is thriving in the duel method of learning.
• Deliver a pipeline of potential construction workers from our SWG Construction Academy.
Our links with NPTC has been unified further through our participation in the North Powys Employer Engagement Programme and more recently again in our support of the Employer in Residence programme at the Newtown Campus. Both fantastic schemes to help spread the word about the opportunities within the area and bring employers and students closer together to address both the employment shortage in the area and increase awareness of what is possible for these young learners at an earlier stage.
Everyone within the college, whatever their role, is pulling towards the same goal of supporting learners, making working with them a pleasure that we hope to support and continue for many years to come.”
The Employer of the Month award recognises our employers’ commitment to people and skills development.
Each month, through our meetings and engagements with employers, we seek nominations and select a winner.
If you would be interested in becoming our Employer of the Month, please contact your Business Engagement Advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org