What is ReAct Funding?
Who is Eligible?
Support for the ReAct funding scheme is available for individuals who:
- have become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed, and who have not been in continuous employment for 6 weeks or more since being made redundant
- are currently under notice of redundancy
- have not undertaken any publicly funded training since being made redundant (this includes work-based learning suite of programmes)
What is Available?
There are 3 elements to the ReAct funding scheme :
- Recruitment & Training Support
- Vocational training Grant – Discretionary Award
- Extra Support Grant – Discretionary Award
Support is available for eligible applicants to increase their skills and remove barriers to learning, or returning to work. In order to ensure that this training provides the best possible chance of finding new employment, all applicants will need to have their training needs assessed by Careers Wales. Under this part of the scheme the following financial support is available:
- 100% of training costs to acquire new skills (up to a maximum of £1,500)
- help towards the cost of travelling to training courses
- overnight accommodation costs, where appropriate
- a contribution towards childcare costs whilst training (subject to limits and conditions)
- help with the cost of special equipment to remove barriers to training
If you’re offered a job after having been made redundant in the last 3 months, your new employer could get funding for taking you on. The Recruitment and Training element of ReAct could give your employer:
- Up to £3000 for taking you on
- Up to £1000 towards the cost of training
How much is dependent on circumstances.
How to Apply?
If you wish to apply for ReAct funding, you first need to see an Adult Guidance Adviser at your local Careers Wales office. You can contact Careers Wales on 0800 028 4844 to make an appointment. Careers Wales can also supply you with an application pack. Your prospective employer will need to contact Welsh Government on 03000 255 888 if they wish to apply for Employer Recruitment and Training Support.