This course is designed for technicians who maintain and repair electric/hybrid vehicles. It contains the skills and knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle’s high and low voltage electrical system and electric drive train system, whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance.
This course covers the following topics:
– The types of electric/hybrid vehicles available
– Hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
– Working safely around electric/hybrid vehicles including charging
– How to reduce the risk of injury when encountering electric/hybrid vehicles
– How to safely transport and store electric/hybrid vehicles
No formal entry requirements are required although this course is advised to be taken by employees who have relevant emergency service and roadside recovery personnel responsibilities.
Summary of Outcomes
Progression routes are available and all individuals who wish to increase their hybrid and electric vehicle knowledge
can take the following course:
- Level 3 Award In Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Repair And Replacement EV3
Method of Assessment
Practical and theory assessment workbooks completed within the classroom and workshop environment as well as a final test accredited by the IMI.
Locations across wales or in-house at your business