The course will enable operatives to specify, survey, design and install domestic or small commercial heat pump systems, enlisting manufacturers support where required. Systems up to 24kW for ground source and 16kW for air source heat pumps are covered.
You will receive training and assessment by top quality lectures in excellent well-equipped facilities in South Wales and Powys. The location of training centre in South Wales is just off the M4, excellent access for candidates travelling from Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Swansea, Neath, and Merthyr areas.
L3 NVQ Plumbing / Heating & Ventilation or equivalent.
Water Regulations is a pre-requisite for this qualification.
If you do not have these qualifications, please let us know.
• Background to market
• Heat pump regulations and guidance
• Principles of ground and air source heat pump operation
• Heat pump collector types
• Heat distribution
• Pre-installation requirements
• Installation materials and methods
• Filling, flushing and testing
• Setting to work, commissioning
• Heat pump servicing and fault finding
Method of Assessment
Practical assessment & written exam
Locations across wales or in-house at your business
£0 – funding available, subject to eligibility