By completing this qualification, learners will meet industry requirements to perform roles within stewarding and spectator safety.
The purpose of this qualification is to confirm occupational competence and provide learners with knowledge, skills and understanding of Spectator Safety. They are mapped to the Skills Active National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Spectator Safety 2019.
Spectator safety employers consistently emphasise the importance placed on learners demonstrating their knowledge, skills and understanding through competency-based assessments.
This qualification has been designed to reflect these demands, assessing learners’ performance on the job.
Learners must be aged 16 plus.
Before learners can be certificated for this qualification, they must complete:
- A basic life support training course that covers: CPR, recovery position, use of a defibrillator and how to manage a bleed.
- Action Counter Terrorism (ACT) Awareness eLearning
Summary of Outcomes
Completing this qualification provides access to stewarding, attendant, crew member and usher jobs including for sport and music events, festivals and carnivals.
Course modules include:
- Prepare for spectator events
- Assist with the movement of spectators and deal with crowd issues at events
- Help to manage and resolve conflicts
- Deal with incidents at spectator events
- Support the work of your team and organisation
Method of Assessment
Portfolio of evidence and practical demonstration
Locations across wales or in-house at your business
£0 – funding available, subject to eligibility