This course is designed for learners with a responsibility for the care of children and babies providing the knowledge and practical competence to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations. This qualification meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
This course covers the following topics:
– Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
– Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
– Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
– Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
– Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
– Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
– Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
The qualification is available to learners aged 16 or over.
It is recommended that learners should hold a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or equivalent to undertake this qualification.
Summary of Outcomes
From gaining this emergency paediatric first aid qualification, learners could progress onto the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
We also offer qualifications in health & safety, food safety, safeguarding and first aid for mental health should learners wish to diversify.
The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years
Method of Assessment
The qualification is assessed through practical demonstration and related oral questioning. A learner must successfully complete all practical demonstrations and correctly answer the oral questions to achieve the qualification.
Locations across wales or in-house at your business