This course is for individuals who hold a Water Regulations qualification and wish to gain the necessary knowledge to install and maintain domestic fire sprinkler systems.
This route is suitable for those already working within the
sprinkler industry and those who wish to upskill, change profession or for companies wishing to undertake CPD with their installers.
This course takes place over 2 days:
– Day 1 will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams
– Day 2 will be a Practical delivered in person at Afan Campus. Practical Date will be confirmed on receipt of Booking Form.
Cold Water Regulations certificate and/or a Level 3 plumbing qualification.
Course content includes:
- Prepare the working environment for the installation of automatic sprinkler systems
- Be able to install and commission an automatic fire sprinkler system
- Carry out service and maintenance checks of a domestic dwelling fire sprinkler system
- System requirements
- BS9251 - the main British Standard covering fire sprinklers in the country
- The different types of fire sprinkler heads and water connections
Method of Assessment
Practical and written assessments.
There is a £300 Materials fee.
Locations across wales or in-house at your business
£0 – funding available, subject to eligibility