This course aims to equip learners with specific knowledge and skills on the requirements of domestic retrofit to meet the standards detailed in PAS2035. The course is designed to cover the end-to-end project coordination from the inception of a retrofit project to handover and continued evaluation.
Once qualified, learners will be equipped with specific knowledge and skills to deliver domestic retrofit projects to the standards detailed in PAS2035.
Learners must be over the age of 18 and will need to hold a professional qualification in a building-related subject such as architecture, surveying, engineering or construction management at Level 4 or an NVQ at Level 3 or above with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a subject related to the management or supervision of construction and domestic construction projects.
Summary of Outcomes
Successful delegates will gain increased employment opportunities as a Retrofit Coordinator for domestic retrofit projects delivered under PAS 2035.
This course consists of 13 mandatory units:
• Introduction to retrofit under PAS2035
• Assessing Dwellings for Retrofit
• Retrofit Quality Assurance and Risk Management
• Building Physics – Managing Moisture Risk
• Building Physics – Thermal Efficiency
• Improving the Building Fabric – Floors and Roofs
• Improving the Building Fabric – Walls and Windows
• Improving the Building Services - Heating, Hot Water, Lighting and Power
• Improving the Building Services – Renewable Energy Systems
• Improving Airtightness and Ventilation
• Improvement Option Evaluation and Medium-term Retrofit Plans
• Post Retrofit Testing, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Understand the requirements for lodgement of measures to TrustMark
Method of Assessment
The qualification is assessed through a combination of:
- End of Qualification Knowledge Test
- Professional Discussion(s)
- Scenario Case Studies
Locations across wales or in-house at your business