This course provides delegates with the knowledge and tools required to work safely. It is an ideal course for introducing staff to why health and safety is important and focuses on best practice rather than legislation and covers general principals of accident prevention, health and safety laws, an overview of hazards, codes of practices and effective communication skills.
This IOSH Working Safely course shows how everyone can make a difference to their own wellbeing and that of others through everyday behaviours.
Summary of Outcomes
Successful delegates have the option to progress onto the IOSH Managing Safely course.
This course covers:
- Identification of common hazards
- Factors that constitute a satisfactory working environment
- Understanding the main reasons for injury and ill health at work
- Understanding a “safe working system of work”
- Appreciation of risk assessments and identifying hazards
- COSHH regulations and responsibilities
Method of Assessment
An Institute approved assessment consisting of a multiformat question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise.
Locations across wales or in-house at your business
£0 – funding available, subject to eligibility