This programme is designed to upskill existing employees who have completed level 2/3/4 study previously, either as apprentices or otherwise. Normal entry requirements to these programmes apply. This programme is offered in partnership with Wrexham Glyndwr University.
Year 1 modules can include:
– Analytical Engineering Techniques
– Electrical Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
– Work Based Learning
– Engineering Standards, Business and Operations Management
– Design and Computer Aided Design (CAD).
Year 2 modules can include:
– Industrial Project
– Analytical Control Techniques
– Modern Manufacture, Sustainability and Industry
– Instrumentation and Condition Monitoring
– Industrial Automation and PLCs
– Power Distribution and System Design.
Year 3 modules can include:
– Managing workforce and Engagement and Commitment
– Maintenance and Safety Systems
– Engineering Modelling & Simulation
– Industrial Communication Systems
Entry criteria detail a typical offer but the College considers all applications on an individual basis which means that we could make offers based on qualifications, personal profile and experience. If you have any queries regarding your offer, please contact our Admissions Team.
Typical offer: 2 A Levels at E Grade or PP/PPP profile from a BTEC Level 3 qualification and five GCSEs at Grade C or above, to include English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications). Eligibility for this programme also depends on additional requirments including being a paid employee in a suitable role within the sector and working in Wales for at least 51% of working time.
Summary of Outcomes
You may progress to a variety of postgraduate engineering related courses. Graduates have employment prospects in a wide range of engineering disciplines, for example: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Engineering Operations Management.
Method of Assessment
The programme will include lectures, practical workshop and tutorial sessions. You will have to complete written assignments as you progress through the programme. A number of modules have an exams and a research project is required.
Locations across wales or in-house at your business