This qualification helps you to develop the knowledge and practical skills required to professionally carry out inspection and testing on new and existing electrical installations.
This is a required qualification for those looking to join competent person schemes and helpful for those applying for an ECS Gold card.
With more regulation being introduced into the electrical industry now is the time to gain a recognised qualification in Inspection and Testing. You will receive training and assessment by top quality lectures in excellent well-equipped facilities in South Wales and Powys. The location of training centre in South Wales is just off the M4, excellent access for candidates travelling from Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Swansea, Neath, and Merthyr areas.
Why train at NPTC College?
• All face-to-face teaching, no online delivery or learning from online resources.
• Practical training as part of the course (not all centres offer this).
• Free resits.
• The course is not rushed, there are 6 full days training and 1.5 days for assessments (most other centres have 5 days for training and assessment which is below the guided learning hours set by City and Guilds)
• Full access to college test equipment for training and assessments.
• New 3 Phase test boards for learners to develop their skills.
• Highly qualified and skilled college lecturers with a wealth of both industrial and teaching experience. We will teach you, not just a read a book to you.
• We will teach you how to succeed in industry not just to pass the exam.
• Full access to all teaching presentations to be downloaded and viewed at any time via our Moodle system.
• Large range of examination style questions to facilitate good examination preparation.
• Small class sizes to facilitate lots on one-to-one support where needed.
You must hold a certificate in the current edition of BS7671
You must be already competent in the use of multi-function testers and be regularly testing in work.
This is not a beginner’s course.
If you require a beginner’s course in Inspection and Testing City and Guilds 2392 is the perfect option for you.
This course is a combination of Inspection and Testing for Initial and Periodic Inspections.
You will study:
• Safe isolation of single phase and three phase systems
• Inspection of electrical systems against BS7671 for an EIC
• Testing of electrical systems against BS7671 for an EIC
• Writing certificates
• Inspection of electrical systems against BS7671 for an EICR. An in-depth study of coding using a large catalogue of examples from industry.
• Testing of electrical systems against BS7678 for an EICR. Breaking down the myths of the industry.
• Writing reports that will enable you to sleep well at night.
• The insurance requirements for issuing EIC’s and EICR’s.
• Competent person schemes and links to the Building Regulations.
• Inspection and Testing of EV charge points (not covered by many other training providers)
Method of Assessment
The course includes classroom training and exercises with a complete open book multiple choice online assessment. All candidates must complete a full 2 hours of examination in order to gain this qualification. There is also a practical assessment which includes initial assessment and periodic examination and testing.
Locations across wales or in-house at your business
£245 – funding available, subject to eligibility